audioFILE
(my audio weblog)

Father's Day Find

[audioasylum thread - read it here]

Most audiophiles have marked in their calendar a “REASONable” date for the next purchase - a date that is commonly associated with an occasion to celebrate. Since I told myself many times that I will hold all audio equipment purchase until we moved to our new home; last Saturday, I was digging unsorted records in the flea market and I was lucky to find two Sinatra sealed records for Canadian $3 each . I guess this will be my Fathers Day’s gift for myself.

I must have 5 or 6 Sinatra albums already but the album on the top is the best of them all in terms of recording quality. The material is also excellent! The record on the bottom has excellent material but the recording quality is average.


The Best of Frank Sinatra (Capitol SN-516109)
Young at Heart
Hey! Jealous lover
All the way
Withcraft
Chicago
Come dance with me
Only the lonely
High hopes
Nice 'N Easy
Put your dreams away


Frank Sintra Sings for Only The lonely (Capitol SM-501053)
Only for the lonely
Angel Eyes
What's new
Willow weep for me
Good-bye
Blues in the night
Guess i'll hang my tears out to dry
Ebb tide
Gone with the wind
One for my baby

2 Responses to “Father's Day Find”

  1. # Blogger Junnie

    I was wondering why the previous owner sold something as pristine and even "sealed" for such a bargain basement price of $ 3.

    It was your lucky day - I couldve bought it myself and maybe sold it to ebay! :) Great find, William.

    If you plan to upgrade your system, there's someone waiting for them to be bought :)  

  2. # Blogger William

    Junnie, that's exactly what Josh and Adrian said when I mentioned that I can easily sell them for $30 each at e-bay.

    But, I decided to keep them since I am buying new old stock (NOS) records bago magkawalaan na. I noticed that NOS pressing quality are most often better than new release pressings. I also noticed that used records, even good pressings and even if the vinyl media is in excellent condition, can sound dull if the previous owner's tone arm and cartridge/needle were not optimally (or worst not properly) setup.

    Of course you will be the first to know my marketplace. I will also post some el-cheapo but no-nonsense analog front end startup system that can be assembled from Ontario used market to give you some idea.

    William  

Post a Comment



About this Site


This site is a log of my personal pursuit of audio nirvana.

Name: William
Location: Canada


Visit my Other Site: meltingPOT

Search

"Search this site for audio topics"

Marketplace



XML


Counters by

Web Counter